The first Glamour Ball for the Hairdressing Council of Ireland was held in the heart of the Midlands at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Athlone centrally located to ease the travel on attendees.
Dress to impress and wear anything, as long as its black was the theme to highlight the and discourage Bullying.
The mood was set by Bob Batty on the saxophone horning out “Time goes by” i.e. ‘You must remember this…a kiss is not a kiss” as the bubbly reception took off. Paparazzi were out in force on the red carpet leading into the Marina Suite Ballroom. The staff and management at the Radisson Blu Hotel Athlone pulled out all the stops, the food and service was superb.
Letycha le ‘Synn, the host for the evening, lured people to the dance floor as the Band BOWTIE took to the stage. Once the band started no one had to be asked twice to stay; they had the dancefloor full all night before DJ Wayne Lloyd took over for great music to finish off the night hours later!
The laughs and flashes were endless at the selfie wall and backdrop sponsored by Sean Taaffe Hair Group.
Prizes were awarded for ‘Best Dressed Men’ and ‘Best Dressed Women’, selecting the winners was not an easy task for the judges. There were many happy winners from the raffle thanks to the generous sponsors:
- The Salon Shop, Cork
- Xpert Group
- Kreative Salon Supplies, Athlone
- Vincent Maguire Salon Supplies, Longford
- Des Maguire Salon Supplies, Mullingar
- Style Parlour, Waterford and Kilkenny
- Crossan Salon Supplies, Sligo
- T&M Hair and Beauty Supplies, Galway and Athlone
- Intercoiffure Ireland
- Excellent Scissors Belfast
- Zen Master Scissors, Michael Quinn
- Hair & Barber Market, Peter Fanning
- Trichology Ireland, Anita Kirby
- Roz Model Management
- Kestutis Anuzis Photography
- The Hairdressing Council
The Hairdressing Council is grateful to everyone that contributed to this event and made our first Annual Glamour Ball a resounding success!