In advance of the Taoiseach’s announcement on Monday, the Hairdressing Council wrote to Government to highlight its concerns and those of its members on the current state of play.
In our latest letter to Government, we have made 6 main requests:
- Request #1: Will the Government consider reopening discussions with lending institutions and major lenders on the staying of loans for an additional period in 2021?
- Request #2: Will the Government consider an amendment to the SBCI Covid-19 Credit Guarantee Scheme (Covid-19 CGS) to include the refinancing of debt accrued Pre-COVID 19?
- Request #3: Will the Government consider the publication of the health data metrics of where the country needs to be before Level 3 will be activated?
- Request #4: In such a scenario, the Council is asking if Government might consider the inclusion into the CBAS scheme to those who remain eligible for the CRSS, but whose annual turnover is less than the minimum CBAS turnover?
- Request #5: Will the Government consider liaising with the Revenue Commissioners to highlight their Good Citizen Report as a general preventative measure?
- Request #6: Will the Department of Business & Innovation consider the creation of a Shadow Economy Task Force post-COVID?