What Membership of the Hairdressing Council of Ireland offers you…..
- Member of largest Irish body for Hairdressers 3000 hair salon businesses in Ireland with over 25,000 people employed in the industry. Membership currently 1,692.
- Member of an organisation that is open to everyone in the hairdressing industry
- Advice on Nera, employment law, wage rates
- Networking with likeminded people who want change
- Access to the latest in fashion, innovation, inspiration and international trends
- Apprenticeship representation
What we did for our members in 2017
- Spearheaded the Apprenticeship proposal
Hairdressing is a serious sector for employment but we need an Apprenticeship to help us get more people into the industry.
This in turn will help us to employ apprentices, hair stylists or managers in our businesses and the industry can grow.
- Spearheaded a national survey on Training with excellent results
- Negotiated with the Government re the 9% VAT remain campaign
- Paid the OMC Worldwide Membership
- Promoted Hairdressing at a Career Stand at the RDS