AIMS & OBJECTIVES of the Hairdressing Council of Ireland
1. To be the voice for the totality of the Hairdressing Industry in Ireland
2. To lobby the Government to develop a Professional Apprenticeship in Hairdressing
• On 8th December 2017, the Hairdressing Council were appointed the INDUSTRY LEAD for the development of the new Professional Hairdressing Apprenticeship.
3. To complete Surveys on the Industry and our Customers
• Meaningful insights were gathered from two Training Surveys completed in 2017 through high participation from Industry members.
4. To lobby the Government and campaign to keep VAT realistic at 9%
• This was achieved through the lobbying of TD’s and Senators and regular visits to Leinster House.
5. To give Career Advice about the different avenues of the Industry
• 2017 RDS presence to promote Hairdressing as a career.
• 2018 RED presence to promote Hairdressing as a Career.
• A Career in Hairdressing Book, edition 7 is underway to promote growth in the industry and will be published in a digital format for wide accessibility.
6. To be a member of the Worldwide Organisation OMC (Organisational Mondial Coiffure)
• We were delighted to join this organisation as a member in 2017.
7. To have a Competition Team from all over the country represent Ireland and the Hairdressing Council at International events
• In 2017, Ireland had 17 Team Members compete at World Level.
8. To work alongside the Barber Council of Ireland
• This alliance was established on 2nd January 2018.
9. To work with the Irish Charity ‘Rapunzel Foundation’
• This charity helps gain precious suction type wigs for Alopecians.
10. To hold as many events ‘outside of the Capital’ as we do in Dublin
• The first Glamour Ball Event was held in Athlone, Co. Meath. Our first training day, with Robert Masciave, was held in Dublin.